Client: Westernport Water
Project Design: CMP Consulting Group
Contract Sum: $1.5M
ABOUT THE PROJECT
San Remo Basin Renewal - San Remo
San Remo Basin is located off Punch Bowl Road, approximately 3 km east of San Remo and is classified as a dam under the ANCOLD guidelines. The basin was originally constructed in 1968 and is one of the most critical assets for the supply of potable water into the WPW distribution system. The basin has a total capacity of 30ML.
The basin works include replacement of the existing outlet structure, modification to the existing inlet and overflow structures, removal and reinstallation of a reinforced polypropylene liner, installation of liner underdrainage.
- Installation of a 4.3ML temporary tank and associated pipe works to maintain water supply to Phillip Island
- Removal and replacement of the existing basin liner and cover
- Earthworks to stabilise the existing embankments
- Modifications to the existing outlet structure
- Maintaining water supply to Phillip Island during construction
- Exposed location with unpredictable weather conditions