Client: Sandhurst Club Limited
Project Design: GHD
Contract Sum: $540K
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Sandhurst Wall Remediation SANDHURST
The rear boundary of a property in Bluewater Drive is supported by a retaining wall dividing the grass easement from the lot and manmade lake in Sandhurst Estate. The wall has progressively rotated outwards, resulting in the formation of tension cracks and subsidence behind the wall.
Entracon Civil were engaged to demolish this existing portion of the wall and replace with a new cantilever retaining wall.
- Draining of eastern contour drain
- Construction of a rocked causeway from the 9th hole fairway to provide access to work area.
- Formation of an earthen clay bund around work area to isolate the wall from Lake 4 catchment.
- Demolition and disposal of ~35Lm of existing wall.
- Construction of new cantilever retaining wall.
- Reinstatement of easement with imported fill .
- Working within a live lake system, which following significant rain events, often prevented access to the worksite due to the submerged causeway.
- Excavation zone within close proximity to residential swimming pool.